Monday, October 19, 2009

Encouraging Ladies



My wife (Pat) and I are pictured with 2 ladies in our church who are a real encouragement to me as a preacher of the gospel.
Mrs. Pat Robertson (top right) was married to Dr. E.G. Robertson, affectionatly known to Lakeside as Bro. Ernie. Until his homegoing last year, the Lord had marvelously used Bro. Ernie as a pastor of some great churches including New Testament Baptist Church in Miami, FL. The last 2 years of his life were spent encouraging the folks at Lakeside and helping to prepare the way for a new preacher. He made a tremendous impact on our ministry and we are grateful that Mrs. Pat continues to bless us by her faithful example, counseling and prayer.
Bro. Bob Kelly also made a significant impact on my life as a young man. He was one of my favorite preachers. I would travel sometimes a good distance just to hear him preach a special meeting. He pastored Franklin Road Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, TN and Grace Baptist Church in Columbia, SC. Mrs. April Kelly (bottom right) is a faithful member and always gives me an encouraging word.
Both of these ladies are a joy to know and I love to see their smiling faces while I am preaching.

No comments: