Monday, July 11, 2011

The Last 2 Sundays

My oh my, we sure have enjoyed ourselves in the Lord the Last 2 Sundays. You would think that the Sundays surrounding July 4th would be low days but they have actually been some of our best attended days of the year. Our folks have been so faithful this summer and a lot of visitors have been coming. People are constantly commenting about the sweet spirit at Lakeside. Praise the Lord!

We enjoyed Ricky Atkinson singing last week and the fellowship during the BBQ meal. Ricky has been a good friend of mine the last few years and we will surely have him again.

Yesterday morning I preached from I Corinthians 9 about being a "castaway" and the Lord gave me precious liberty. There was a good response of people at the altar and it just seems the Spirit of God was working in all of our hearts. One thing that thrilled my heart was our weekly "Missionary Moment" when Bro. Larry informed us that 61 missionaries have visited Lakeside in the last 3 years. He also mentioned that we have been able to help over 80 of our missionaries with special gifts when they've needed help above our regular support. I like that because we love missionaries!

We love you and it sure is a tremendous honor to be your pastor.
Enjoy the pictures...

No comments: